I finally summoned the courage to watch my JSConf.eu talk, and (besides the 30 ums per minute) it isn’t so bad.
I talk about:
- software eating the world
- metamedia / metanetwork
- hacking the wrong tools to get things done
- potential for ux design in coding:
- text interfaces to gui to touchscreens invited more people to use software, how can we invite more people to hack software?
- design not for hackability
(in this section I talk about how consumer electronics are not hackable, but I was happy to find out how I was wrong about that in this TED talk: Vinay Venkatraman: Technology crafts for the digitally underserved.)
- layers of abstraction:
making it easy to dive from gui to dataflow to code and back
- demos, and the long tail of tool design
- artistic potential
- future plans and NoFlo